Pages

Monday, April 4, 2016

Blog Post Week 7

Good evening everyone! Still very excited to be able to be with you all at the conference. This week I have inoculated a new broth and my first samples were practice samples. I was still confused because my project is a bit different but that’s why we have mentors haha. Josh has been helping me and it’s been really helpful to have his insight. I have an idea now and all I need is the long periods of time so that I can do all my protocols at once in order to have a control. This would be having the same bacteria, from the same culture, right from when I take it out after being incubated. I have also re-learned how to use the spectrophotometer to calculate the concentration of my bacteria. 
This shows the spectrophotometer and my tubes that I will be using to
obtain my zero and then have my reading from my bacteria.
It will be set to 600 nm for a reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment